Many people overlook the importance of sound design and construction, which can significantly impact a renovation’s success. When considering a commercial renovation, it’s essential to ensure that all aspects of the project are considered. Doing so can prevent potential problems down the road.
Commercial renovations have become increasingly popular in Sydney, with businesses investing in renovations to improve their image and performance. In 2017, there were 1,493 commercial renovations in sydney, representing an 11% increase from the previous year. The most common types of commercial renovations in sydney are enhancing the appearance of the building (48%), expanding or renovating the space (30%), and upgrading technology (12%). At $1.8 billion, commercial renovations are one of the essential sources of expenditure for businesses in Sydney. This is expected to continue to grow over the next few years as businesses invest in improvements that will help them stay ahead of the competition.
Why renovate commercial spaces?
Commercial spaces can be renovated and revitalized in a variety of ways to increase the value and attractiveness of these spaces. Some common reasons to renovate commercial spaces include increasing the number of potential customers, improving employee productivity, increasing security, and reducing energy costs.
One way to improve the number of potential customers is to update the look and feel of the space. This can be done by updating the colours, furniture, and decorations. Additionally, adding new features such as Wi-Fi access or conference rooms can attract businesses that need extra space for meetings or events.
Another way to improve employee productivity is to install updated technology in commercial spaces. This can include computer networks, printers, copiers, and scanners. In addition, office chairs that are more comfortable and adjustable can help employees stay productive throughout the day.
Security is another critical factor in commercial renovations. By installing updated locks, cameras, and lighting systems, businesses can make their spaces secure while also looking at more modern and lighting systems. Reducing energy costs is also a significant reason to renovate commercial spaces. By updating lighting fixtures and air conditioning units, businesses can reduce their carbon footprint while providing adequate customer cooling.
What types of renovations are typically done in commercial spaces?
Commercial spaces can benefit from various renovations, depending on the needs of the business. Some standard upgrades include new flooring, walls and ceilings; new lighting and signage; updated furnishings; and modernizing the physical environment. There are many factors to consider when choosing which type of renovation to pursue, including budget and desired effect.
- Flooring: New floors can add an updated look and feel to a space and reduce noise and heating/cooling costs. Many businesses replace existing floors with hardwood or laminate boards to create a more welcoming atmosphere. Different types of flooring also come in different colours, patterns, textures and styles – so it’s essential to choose one that will match the existing decor.
- Walls & Ceilings: Replacing walls or ceilings can significantly impact a room’s appearance and function. This is particularly true if your business relies heavily on natural light for marketing purposes – by upgrading your walls or ceiling, you can improve your premises‘ visibility from outside. New ceilings often come with additional insulation benefits, which can lower energy costs.
- Lighting: Upgrading your lighting makes a space look nicer at night and improves safety tremendously! Incandescent bulbs produce harsh light that can cause eye fatigue after extended use; LED lights offer a more pleasant experience.
- Costs – Make sure to budget for the total cost of your renovation, including any additional unforeseen expenses that might crop up.
- Coordination – Arrange for tradespeople and other professionals in advance so there are no last-minute surprises when the work starts.
- Maintenance – Regularly inspect all aspects of your renovation for wear and tear, and update or replace as necessary to keep things looking fresh and modern.